Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Curtain-Along Sleeves

 Progress last night.  I am supposed to be working on a commission with an upcoming deadline, but I got majorly obsessed.  The sleeve pattern I used, I'm not entirely sure where it came from.  It may have sneaked into the ziploc where I kept the mock-up pieces from the last Anglaise I made from some other project, because they just didn't look right.  I ended up using the pattern piece from the J.P. Ryan Pet-en-l'Air pattern and just adding an inch at the seam allowance.  I haven't been pleased with the amount of pleating that is necessary to fit these sleeves into the armholes, but I guess that's how it's supposed to look.  It ends up rather poofy.

The next step is to attach the skirt to the bodice.  I may try a different technique than the one I have used on previous Anglaises.  Next will be to add facings to the center front and start looking into buttons.  If it doesn't fit after the addition of buttons, I intend to take it in from the center back.  I want to preserve the straight line in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment