Wednesday, January 18, 2012

18th Century Casualties

Damned cat peed in a box that contained the better part of my 18th century wardrobe. It's currently in the wash. I'm trying to save it, but it doesn't look good.

Of course then, I had to be an idiot and put the Indian sari regency dress in with the others, and the dye bled. It's a disaster. I think the synthetics may make it out alright, but the green silk taffeta might be unrecoverable. The petticoat might be ok, but the gown might have danced it's last ball.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, such bad news! I'm sorry to hear about that! :( Hopefully most of it all can be saved. I also have cats so I know how things can get messy at time... I always hang my 18th century gowns in the walk-in closet and always keep the door closed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's over. The only survivors were the synthetic Champagne Anglaise and the linen camp clothes. I suppose this is an excuse for some new 18th century wardrobe pieces. Thankfully, the navy blue Anglaise wasn't in the box at the time. I at least will have something to wear to my next event.

    ReplyDelete