Friday, July 1, 2011

Tentacles Pannier Overskirt

Penelope had some more green taffeta lying around from a nearly 5 year old early attempt at late bustle. I cut it up and tried to approximate the Truly Victorian 1880 Pannier Overskirt pattern as best I could. I didn't have nearly enough fabric, but what came out was pretty darned close. I'm not 100% happy with it, but I have a few ideas. The pattern calls for a line of gathering where I just matched two dots. I may un-do it and go a bit closer to what the pattern dictates. Any thoughts?

Update Saturday July 2, 2011. I re-did the overskirt to look more like what the pattern actually calls for, and I must say I am happy with the side view, but not the back entirely. I think I may have to add that balloon effect and more than a little green 3-inch bullion trim to weigh it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment