Sunday, June 19, 2011

Victorian Vinyl


I love the juxtaposition of period lines and ultra modern, nigh futuristic fabrics and themes. I guess we can call this an off-road adventure in Victorian cyber-goth. The plan is to use the pattern from the tentacle dress and proceed from there in shiny black PVC. This got started because I'm cheap. I have been daydreaming about a Meschantes vinyl corset for over a year now, but I can never seem to scrape together the cash. I got the idea instead to make a ballgown type bodice to go over my existing red corset. I even mashed two sleeve patterns together and did a little trial and error to finally come up with a non-puffed sleeve for this 1870s-inspired off-the-shoulder bodice. The vinyl and lining are all cut out. Now I just need to decide if I want the hidden zipper in the front of the back. Any opinions out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment