Sunday, December 26, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
A teaser. A promise of things to come regarding this copper colored silk 18th century gown I made for a friend from reenacting. It has box pleated trim around the sleeves at the elbow and around the neckline. I love how flattering the lines came out.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
I checked my stash, and I only have 2 yards and change of the skull brocade. That'e enough to squeeze out a Victorian bodice, but nowhere near enough to make an 18th century Anglaise. It seems I have to reconsider my options.
- Option 1: Buy more skull brocade off ebay at $15 a yard. I'll need about 4 yards.
- Option 2: Use the 2 yards I already have to make a Victorian bodice and use the late 1880s-inspired gear I've already got.
- Option 2: Use the sari I wore to New Orleans to make an 18th century gown and go for the "glitter" side of Glitter and Gloom.